Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nice Carnival and other things

Hey there everyone, I don't have a lot for you this week but none-the-less I've still gotta tell you about my past weekend. We got to go to the Nice Carnival which is one of the world's oldest and most popular. It has been dated back to at least 1294 and is held for a two week period ending on Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras. When we were there on Sunday we only got to stay for four hours but that's alright, it was long enough to watch the parade. I think in this post I'm going to try and put in quite a pictures because that's the only way I can think to describe a parade. So, here you go:

                       Here's Lance Armstrong and all the "Drugs" he took during the Tour de France







                                                    Notice Obama and the Pope out front?

            The streets immediately following the end of the parade; looked a lot like snow from a distance

The man of the hour; this float represents France in the upcoming Summer Olympics

                                                          The sunset at the end of the day

That pretty much sums it up for the Carnival and the weekend. Tonight we're going to see a play in town call 'Croque Monsieur' which is apparently pretty famous; I thought it was just a sandwich haha. Also while I'm on the subject of food, Dr. Edwards if you're reading this my professor talked about food for the last hour and half of class today which just killed me because I had to wait that long for lunch! I thought you might appreciate that.

Later this week we'll be headed for Florence for the weekend so I should have some good pictures when I get back. I don't want to say when I'll post another blog because it always takes me longer than expected so, I'll get to it when I can (hopefully sooner than later though).

Happy Ash Wednesday and I'll talk to y'all later!

Hayden

No comments:

Post a Comment