Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been a few days since I posted last, we've just been real busy since it's only the first couple of days. And just a note, the internet here is generally pretty slow and there's not a hard wire for me to use.. needless to say, a bit frustrating. But other than that everything is wonderful! The school is small but then with only something like 80 students, it doesn't have to be big. I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of it yet but I will one of these days. Being the only one from Texas Tech and only one of five from Texas is really pretty fun. Everyone wants to here about the different slang and sayings we use -- and when I say everyone I mean the Americans haha; that was the subject of tonight's conversation at dinner. The school is about a 20 minute walk from the center of the city but it's really no big deal because it's fun to walk through the rural areas and then by all of the pubs and small restaurants.


Above is a close up of the city so you can see about how far I have to walk each day. But then again that's just to go into town; I don't actually have to leave for class. Next is a picture of where I typed 'Croisette' above:


As for today, we went into town with the intentions of going to the supermarket to buy some shaving creme and various other things the girls we with needed. Much to our dismay, since it was Sunday, the market was closed. We had a good lunch though and got to take a few pictures of the city but the clouds and light snow don't help them much.

The room I'll be in for the semester is quite a bit smaller than I have anticipated. It's on the west side of the school and is a two-bed room. Me and my roommate Nick requested a different one today after seeing the size of everyone else's where they told us we would have to wait until tomorrow when the school staff returned for work. On top of other things, we're the only one's in our hallway; if anyone else is here, they must be hermits. The smallness is bearable but hopefully we can get a room a bit closer to rest of the group (and maybe that'll fix the wifi too.) I will say though, we have a great view from the one I'm currently in. If the sun ever comes out and we don't get a room switch, I'll have a picture of it for y'all.

I've got a bit more to say but I think I'm going to save it for the next time around since it's already 10:35 and I still haven't reviewed for my french placement test tomorrow morning. Y'all take it easy and I'll try to come back with a few more pictures and some new stories next time.

-Hayden

4 comments:

  1. Great post Hayden. Have you been wearing your boots? I am sure they are asking about your cows and guns too. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your French test, Hayden! Send me a text and let me know how it goes. I liked your post-it's fun to hear what you do each day. Hope the staff is able to switch your room tomorrow! Talk to you then.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayden, if you need Hay Hay to get Cray Cray for you to switch rooms you just let me know. I am sure I could mutter a few things in another language to make sure that happened for you! However, it sounds like you are having a great time so I wouldn't want to ruin that for you! haha! Keep the posts up - I enjoy adding it to the daily check of websites I get on! :) Have so much fun!

    Hailea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish they had a like button like facebook does on here haha

    ReplyDelete