Thursday, April 5, 2012

Best Spring Break Of My Life

So I'm going to skip the apology for waiting a month to write this and go straight into describing my Spring Break because I only have an hour to write this! Hopefully it will still be as detailed as the others but if not then I'll make a part two.

So, this trip started off with me leaving Cannes at around 8 o'clock last Wednesday night for Nice where I would fly off to Switzerland and then Germany. The funny part is that my flight wasn't until Thursday; so, why did I leave on Wednesday? Because my flight was at 7 o'clock in the morning.... Surprisingly though, I got 6 hours of sleep while in airport so it wasn't too bad. Rightfully, I should have slept more except I was woken up by a rowdy group of Germans who had just returned from a Bayern Munich soccer game decked out in their lederhosen and everything. Anyways, I finally made it onto the flight, had a brief layover in Zurich, and then flew to Munich where I would meet up with my wonderful cousin Sara Beth. And on a side note, for those of you that have never flown with Swiss Air, it's a real treat; they give you chocolate mid-flight!

After making it to airport, I had to grab my bag and head for the metro, or S-Bahn as they call it here in Germany. After about 45 minutes and quite a few stops, I finally made it to Hauptbahnhof Central Station where I met up with Sara Beth. We then went and put my luggage in a locker and took off into the city for the day. I don't want to take to much time uploading pictures today just because it will take up quite a bit of time so here is a link to my facebook where I've got the pictures already uploaded so you can look at them while you read.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2751051785585.2109119.1536330186&type=3

We walked through a really cool part of the city and got to see the Hofbrauhaus which is the typical place people think of when they hear Oktoberfest. After that we set out for the English Gardens where we found the Chinesischen Turm (China themed beer garden? I don't really know how to describe it). While looking through my pictures, you'll see one of a tower which supposedly people dance in on special occasions and then another with me with a gigantic pretzel and an equally enormous beer. The pretzels here are so good that you don't need to put anything on them, though I'd wager it would still taste good with a bit of mustard. As for the beer, it's called Weissbier; the Germans are very famous for this. Next we went on to St. Peters Cathedral in the center of the city where we climbed to the top of the steeple and had a wonderful view of everything.

This is about as far as I'm going to get today so look forward to a part two and three at the end of the week.

Take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment